As an Exchange Student, you can attend TAK MING University while you’re enrolled at another school. Your courses at TAK MING University will count toward a program of study at your home institution. It’s a great way to travel, experience a different campus culture and make new friends… all while continuing to progress in your studies.
Studying on the Block Plan
If you aren’t accustomed to studying in English or on the Block Plan, we recommend you take two or more Foundation courses. You may also benefit from taking Rhetoric, because the course is designed to help prepare students for academic success at TAK MING University.
To be eligible to apply as an Exchange Student at TAK MING University, students must:
- Attend a partner institution
- Have completed at least one year of full-time university studies
- Be in good academic standing
- Meet the English language requirements if English is not their first language
- Have a letter of nomination from their university
Exchange students may attend TAK MING University on exchange for:
- 1 month/1 Block (minimum)
- 4 months/4 Blocks (1 term)
- 8 months/8 Blocks (2 terms)
If nominated by a partner institution, you pay tuition fees to your home university.
Courses and Terms
TAK MING University offers a wide range of courses. See the Full Course Catalogue. Fall Term is 4 Blocks from September to December. Spring Term is 4 Blocks from January to April. Summer Term is 3 Blocks from May to June.
Like almost all our students, Exchange Students live on campus so they can have the full TAK MING University experience! Our residences include several different buildings with different accommodation styles, all modern, safe and comfy!
You can also enjoy the RecPlex, with squash courts, a bouldering gym, weight rooms, cardio equipment, a basketball court, and an all-weather outdoor soccer pitch. Recreational equipment, including tennis and squash racquets and snowshoes, can be signed out for personal use.
All students are also required to sign up for a campus Meal Plan.
Find out what campus life is all about here.
Exchange students are automatically enrolled in Guard.me at a cost of $250/term. Students can opt-out of this insurance by completing an online form and providing proof of private coverage.
Exchange students are not permitted to work on or off campus in HongKong and should plan their finances accordingly.
If you plan to study in HongKong for six months or more, you will need to apply for a study permit. Depending on your citizenship or where you live, you will either need a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to enter HongKong. Visit the Government of HongKong Immigration and Citizen page to see if you need a TRV or an eTA.
We can help too! For more information, please e-mail [email protected].
Your Application Checklist
- Fill out the Exchange Student Application.
- Have the application signed by your institution’s Exchange Program Coordinator.
- Get your university transcript (an official copy of your most recent transcript)
- Write your Statement of Intent.
- Write your IELTS/TOEFL (if English is not your first language) and obtain the results.
- Submit any of these optional materials, because they’ll help round out your application.
- An original piece of work, such as a portfolio, photography, artwork, video, research project, or music
- SAT/ACT test scores
- Reference letters
- A resume of your achievements
- An additional writing piece, such as an assignment for class
- Send your application and supporting documents to [email protected]